How to delete old XML Sitemap from Google Search Console?
So you overhauled your website and after resetting the links, you want to submit new sitemap to Google Web Master.. No?.. The Search Console?… ummm.. What is the difference? 😐
Well, no need to Panic now. We are here to solve your tech hassles. Google re-branded your beloved Webmaster Tools to Google Search Console in 2005. It is used to check indexing status and visibility settings of your website on Google Search Engines.
Coming back to the topic, Follow the steps below to remove any submitted sitemap from Google Search Console:
- Login to Google Search Console.
- Select your Website Property from top left corner.
- Select Sitemaps from the left menu.
- From the list of available sitemaps, Click on the sitemap that you wish to remove.
- From the top right corner, Click the 3 dots button to reveal the deletion option.
- Click on Remove Sitemap and you are good to go.
That is all but be careful before you press the removal link.